Documentation → Upgrade
How to upgrade Podcast Generator *
Make a backup copy of your entire Podcast Generator folder before upgrading.
- Download the latest version of Podcast Generator;
- Unzip the zip package containing the script. Delete the media, images and setup folders before uploading the files to your server;
- Upload the resulting files and folders to your web server and overwrite all the files of the previous installation of Podcast Generator **
- Point your web browser to the URL corresponding to the location where Podcast Generator files were uploaded (e.g. http://mypodcastsite.com/podcastgen) ***
- Log in and go to the admin area and select Change Podcast Generator Configuration
- Save the current configuration (even if you haven't changed anything). This will automatically regenerate the configuration file.
- From the admin section select Manually regenerate the RSS feed to update your RSS feed to the latest version after the upgrade of Podcast Generation. That's all!
* These instructions describe how to ugrade Podcast Generator from any version of branch 1 to any version of branch 2 (e.g. from 1.4 to 2.2) and to and from any version of branch 2 (e.g. from 2.0 to 2.3).
** For a clean upgrade, rather than leaving files from old installations of Podcast Generator, you can delete everything from the Podcast Generator folder on your server with the exception of the following files and directories:
- themes/ (leave this folder just in case you have a customized theme)
*** At this point - if you are upgrading from branch 1.x to 2.x - you might see some PHP warnings: just ignore them and continue to the following step;
To fully enjoy the new features of Podcast Generator 2.x switch to the new "default_modern" theme.